quadric surfaces

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg12792] quadric surfaces
  • From: "Russell.E.Goodman" <rgoodman at>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:05:25 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hello all...  I'm working on some Mathematica for a Calc IV course and
needed some help with quadric surfaces.  How can you get
Mathematicatica to graph a nice looking hyperbolic paraboloid as well
as other quadric surfaces like you see in the textbooks.  I've ended up
using ParametricPlot3D, CylindricalPlot, and others but I still can't
get a perfect/textbook example of a hyperbolic paraboloid.  Help??

Russ Goodman
University of Oklahoma -- Department of Mathematics rgoodman at