Need help for a simple equation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg12813] Need help for a simple equation
- From: Tae-Wan Kim <tae-wan.kim at sdrc.com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:05:43 -0400
- Organization: SDRC
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I need your help to solve a simple equation.
My problem is as follows:
f(x, y) = a x^2 + b xy + c y^2 + d x + e y + f = 0 (1)
partial derivative of f(x,y) with respect to x: dfx(x, y) = 2 a x + b y
+ d = 0 (2)
I'd like to solve (1) and (2) using Mathematica.
I get two set of roots:
(x_0, y_0) and (x_1, y_1)
I programmed as sollows:
f[x_, y_] := a x^2 + b xy + c y^2 + d x + e y + f
dfx = D[f[x,y], x]
-> this didn't work
I don't know what to do here.
Could you please tell me Mathematics program to solve this problem?
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Exporting graphics to MS Word
Previous by thread:
Re: quadric surfaces
Next by thread:
Re: Need help for a simple equation