Exporting graphics to MS Word

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg12804] Exporting graphics to MS Word
  • From: Dr Phillip Kent <p.kent at>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:05:36 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

This has come up before, but I don't recall a definitive  statement...

For a big report, I need to export a fair number of Mathematica graphics
to MS Word (v7 for Win 95/NT, or 97/98 if that will make a difference).
I've played around with this a few times in the past and never cracked
how to get consistent print quality. Using WMF format and a PS printer
driver (for HP LJ4m) sometimes does it, sometimes not. I haven't
observed any better performance with Mathematica 3.0.1 but I guess it
may be in there somewhere.

Also, supposing I don't want to resize/modify a graphic outside of
Mathematica, is there an export format that will minimise the size of
graphics data inside Word?

Any advice?

Thanks - Phillip

 Dr Phillip Kent                  | tel: +44 (0)171 594 8503
 The METRIC Project               | fax: +44 (0)171 594 8517
 Mathematics Department           |
 Imperial College                 | p.kent at
 London SW7 2BZ, U.K.             |
  Symposium in Technology for Mathematical Learning - 29 June