  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12965] Mathematica books
  • From: trivedi at theory.uchicago.edu (Anil Trivedi)
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 02:51:54 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would be grateful for pointers to mathematica books which start out
with basics but move on to "advanced" material  quite fast. :) [I am
new to mathematica and have been  disappointed with the books I have
chanced into: they just remain elementary forever; a few seem to be
into producing color graphics rather than solving any mathematical
problem.]

I am interested in symbolic and numerical solution of mathematical
problems, using graphics or programming as needed, but the latter are
not of primary interest.

Thanks for any help,

Anil Trivedi