multivariable functins with variable number of arguments

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12960] multivariable functins with variable number of arguments
  • From: Tatyana Polenova <tatyana at chem.columbia.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 02:51:49 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
I need to define a function like f[x__, y__] which would have two
classes of arguments x and y, each class containing a variable number
of arguments. I need to use this function later for making something
like multiplication tables between the arguments. What would be the
correct syntax for being able to later distinguish between the class x
and class y of arguments?
thank you very much
Tatyana Polenova