Re: Mathlink Buffer size

> I'm using mathlink to call mathematica from a front-end that I've
> written in C.  It works fine except when I send it long expressions. It
> returns $Aborted and terminates evaluation.
>
> Is there a buffer size associated with mathlink or is there some other
> method (mlflush?) of making sure that entire expressions are
> transfered?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kenny Hunt
> hunt@cs.uiowa.edu

Hi Kenny,

  At first I must know Your system (unix, MS-Win , ..)
  I have transfered verry huge expressions (8000 and more
  3d Polygon[] objects) between the kernel and
  MathLink programms. I never found problems when sending data
  *to* the kernel.
  The only problem I found was that the C-program was to fast
  in reading the data from the kernel. I solved that problem
  by add some "sleep/delay" time in the c-program when MLReady()
  returns false and the c-program is still expecting data.

  I guess Your frontend has some error in sending the data --
  send to few or to mutch function arguments.

  Hope that helps
    Jens