RE: Two questions

Selwyn Hollis  wrote:

|1) Is there a way to use Plot3D to create a ``wireframe" surface
|plot---that is, showing only the grid curves? (No, Shading->False is
|not what I'm after. I want the plot to be _transparent._) If not, is
|there a better way to do it than plotting curves with
ParametricPlot3D? |
This is covered in:
The Mathematica Graphics Guidebook
by Cameron Smith, Nancy Blachman
(see p. 106)

In[18]:=
Plot3D[Sin[x^2-y^2],{x,-2,2},{y,-2,2}, HiddenSurface->False,
PlotPoints->25]

|2) I am continually forgetting to load a package before entering a
|command that it contains. Is there a way to get out of the resulting
|jam without quitting the kernel?

Power Programming With Mathematica, The Kernel by David B. Wagner
Provides packages to eliminate the problem. It's an excellent book, and
covers this subject in great detail. Note:
This book refers you to a Math Source item that solve the problem.

Here is the quick solution:
If you evaluate
LogLogPlot[x^x,{x, 1, 10}]
before loading <<Graphics`Graphics`
Then you can evaluate Remove[LogLogPlot]. Once that is done you can
"get" the package and LogLogPlot will work.

Ted Ersek