defining "regions"

    I have a discreet set of {x,y} points and I want to check if each is
in a particular continuos set of {x,y} points.  I can only define the
region parametrically but other then that it looks something like this

region= {-1<x<1 , 0<y<2}

I want to perform a test like

{x,y} "included in" region

{0,1} "included in" region
        ->True

{5,7} "included in" region
        ->False

    Is this possible  My region is defined in a more difficult manner.
It looks more like this

region = F[{theta,fi}] for {-pi/2 < theta < pi/2}, {-pi < fi < pi }

where F returns an {x,y} pair

              -NAUM