evaluating bounded functions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg14917] evaluating bounded functions
  • From: sbw at
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:48:38 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hello all,

I was wondering if I might get some help on evaluating bounded functions
in mathematica... for example, I have this function: (a*b)/c and I want
to know under what conditions it is positive and under what conditions
it is negative.  a is a probability and is therefore bounded between 0
and 1.  c must always be positive.  Does anyone out there know how to
do  this in mathematica?

Thanks a lot.  Please reply to sbw at