(q) motifps

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg14234] (q) motifps
  • From: Naohito Sato <Naohito.Sato at>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 13:51:21 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Does  anybody know  how to  directly display  mathematica ps images
without mathematica?
I  remember in the  previous version  of Mathematica  we can invoke
"motifps" directly,  though it  looks we  cannot any more  but  we
have   to  launch  it  through  the  mathlink connection.
So, I wrote the following small script that launches motifps within the
math frontend. This works well, but unfortunately it turns  out
mathematica  needs to stay  up as long  as the image is displayed on
the  screen, which is the last thing I want it to do.
Well, is there any solution?

Sato, Naohito
sato at

data=$1; export data
if [ ! -f $data ]; then echo "\"$data\" not found"; exit; fi
if [ ! -f $math ]; then echo "\"$math\" not found"; exit; fi exec $math
-run '
    motifps="motifps -mathlink";
    LinkWrite[link,TextPacket[Environment["data"]]]]' ----------