SOme problems with "Save"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14319] SOme problems with "Save"
- From: Gadi Oron <oron at manet.pmmh.espci.fr>
- Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 01:21:33 -0400
- Organization: Acces regional Ile-de-France (Univ. Paris VI/VII) - France
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
When saving a definition, Mathematica attaches all linked definitions,
which is normal; so if you have:
a Save["file.m",f] will produce;
That's fine, but if you try this:
z=1 (* Global variable *)
you will get z=1 in your save file, so the next time you load your file
you'll get the variable z modified! This problem comes from
FullDefinition which considers global definitions as needed for a
function with the same arguments or local variables names.
Here also, FullDefinition is wrong thinking the global definition of x
is needed in the function f.
Any idea how to correct this problem?
\/\\/\/\/>> Gadi ORON <<\/\/\/\/
EMAIL : oron at pmmh.espci.fr
Homepage : http://www.pmmh.espci.fr/~oron/personal.html ICQ#7316619
Prev by Date:
Re: Images in Mathematica
Next by Date:
MATHEMATICA COURSE BY PROF.DR. FRED SIMONS
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: SOme problems with "Save"