Re: SOme problems with "Save"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14372] Re: SOme problems with "Save"
- From: Timothy Culver <Use-Author-Address-Header at [127.1]>
- Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 00:29:11 -0400
- Author-address: culver <AT> cs <DOT> unc <DOT> edu
- Organization: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <6vuqqn$8jq at smc.vnet.net>,
Gadi Oron <oron at manet.pmmh.espci.fr> wrote:
>When saving a definition, Mathematica attaches all linked definitions,
>which is normal; [...]
>Here also, FullDefinition is wrong thinking the global definition of x
>is needed in the function f.
>Any idea how to correct this problem?
I don't have a general solution, but here's the trick I use. I think it
works for both of your examples.
Write[ostream, OutputForm[ToString[Unevaluated[expr]]<>" = "], expr]
z=1 (* Global variable *)
This saves all the definitions of f in DownValues format. Then, later,
typing <<foo will reset the definition of `f' to the way it was when
you saved it.
Prev by Date:
Re: Mathematica 3 speed on a Sun Ultra1/200e ?
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
SOme problems with "Save"
Next by thread:
MATHEMATICA COURSE BY PROF.DR. FRED SIMONS