Re: Strange results

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg14428] Re: [mg14404] Strange results
  • From: Garrett Tim Sos <gts at>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 03:32:24 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

With several instructions are in a single cell, sometimes Mathematica
assumes a multiply between one line and the next.  This can cause wired
results or unexpected errors.  A ; at the end of a line always forces a
break -- However, does not echo output. If this is undersireable, try
surounding the line  with ( ).  This always fixes a problem with some
typeset intergrals getting confused with the next line - and retained
the output.

I asked WR if there was a break that still produces output like a
special form of ; - They said no.

I would vote that this should get into a newer release.