Importing Dos Data into Linux Mathematica?

Hello,

I am having a problem in trying to import data files that are in
dos/ascii format.  There is generally a header of 7 rows and 6 col. of
data. The columns are separated with commas. Each row of the data ends
with a ^M character.

I am able to read in the first row of data but nothing more.  I assume I
need to strip of the ^M that is attached to the last columns of data?

Does anyone have experience with this?  Your assistance would be
appreicated.

Sincerely,

Charles J. Koehler