Re: ImplicitPlot options (undocumented)

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg14463] Re: [mg14462] ImplicitPlot options (undocumented)
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 20:58:43 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi Ted,

You was surprised ? Drawing a implicit equation a==b is exactly
equivalent to draw the contour line of f=a-b for f=0. Thats why
ImplicitPlot calls ContourPlot[]. The options that uses ImplicitPlot[]
given *after* the user options and
the options are

 Sequence@@{ ContourStyle->ps,

The user options may overwrite some of the settings because the usual

somval= someOption /. {opts} /. Options[ContourPlot];

will find the user option first, and the second value for this option
has no chance
to replace someOption any more.