Re: Inserting/Removing Forced Page Breaks?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg14464] Re: [mg14461] Inserting/Removing Forced Page Breaks?
  • From: Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold.kainhofer at>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 20:58:43 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

AES wrote:

> I'd like a fast, simple way to insert or remove forced page breaks in
> Mathematica notebooks (such as used to be available as a menu command
> in v 2.0), without opening the Option Investigator or digging into cell
> options.

One possibility would be to create a palette with buttons which set the
PageBreakAbove or BageBreakBelow option for the current cell.

You can also customize the menus, did you know that? There's a file, where the definition for the menu is given. You then can
use something like Item["&Page Break above", PageBreakAbove->Toggle,
Scope->SelectionCell] (I have not tried this, but I think it should
work) in the file to insert a menuitem where you can
switch PageBreaks.

> I'm thinking I could do this by redefining one of the cell styles to be
> a "Page Break" style with no content, vanishing height and
> PageBreakBelow->True, so I could just insert or delete a "page break
> cell" in this style anywhere I wanted to force a break..

You could do this, too, although it is a rather dirty solution, I'd say.

Hope this helps

Reinhold Kainhofer  | e-mail: reinhold.kainhofer at
Strassoldog. 4/3/17 | 8010 Graz,
Austria  |