Q: reversing order on x-axis

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg14525] Q: reversing order on x-axis
  • From: Jim Bauer <jimbo at>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:33:23 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hello all,

Can someone tell me if it is possible to reverse the order on the
x-axis? I am trying to plot latitude vs. longitude and here in the
western hemisphere, this would result in an x-axis with decending
values (116 .. 115). So far I have tried using PlotRange ->
{{116,115},Automatic} but it still gives me ascending values on the
x-axis. Any clues?

I am using Mathematica3.0 and have (I think) had a pretty good look in
the manuals, newsgroups and on mathsource... I am a little surprized
that I couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance,