Re: How can I expand the mathematica built in function SinIntegral[x] ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14139] Re: How can I expand the mathematica built in function SinIntegral[x] ?
- From: Alan Lewis <alan at enfs.com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 03:51:51 -0400
- Organization: @Home Network
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Many functions are defined by integrals and have no simpler
representation, so you are getting the simplest possible result. You
can do anything with the answer that you would do with a more familiar
function, get values, differentiate, plot it, ... Or perhaps I don't
quite understand your question.
Michel Dion wrote:
> I am trying to integrate the following function (using vr 3.01):
> Integrate[ Sin[a x]/x,x]
> Mathematica automaticaly regonizes this to be the function SinIntegral[a
> x]. Is
> there anyway of getting mathematica to print the actual symbolic results
> to this
> Thanks for any help,
> Michel Dion
> mdion at po-box.mcgill.ca
Prev by Date:
Re: Field of Functions
Next by Date:
Problem with WMF Part 2
Previous by thread:
How can I expand the mathematica built in function SinIntegral[x] ?
Next by thread: