Re: Animated give out of animated Mathematica?

In article <7ooi9s$i07 at smc.vnet.net>, wexler at neptune.phys.ufl.edu (Carlos Wexler) writes:

>Do you know of such a GIF animator available for Linux, SunOS or True64
>*nix?

There are many, but most of them are command line tools, so if you are
afraid of the shell, start running.

Although the information here is for Linux, I suspect that most of
these programs are source compatible with other flavors of UNIX.

Here is a listing of various console tools, a few of which
advertise manipulation of GIFs as a feature.

http://marshallnet.linuxberg.com/conhtml/gra_image_man.html

I believe that ESR's venerable GIF library also has a set of
command line tools, one of which strings together GIFs.

ftp://uiarchive.uiuc.edu/pub/systems/linux/sunsite/libs/giflib/

If you're an X11/GTK+ type, you can also use the Gimp with a
plug-in.

http://registry.gimp.org/view.phtml?version=2

--
P.J. Hinton