Re: Animated give out of animated Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19222] Re: Animated give out of animated Mathematica?
- From: paulh at monon.wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 02:06:42 -0400
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <7ooi9s$i07 at smc.vnet.net>, wexler at neptune.phys.ufl.edu (Carlos Wexler) writes: >Do you know of such a GIF animator available for Linux, SunOS or True64 >*nix? There are many, but most of them are command line tools, so if you are afraid of the shell, start running. Although the information here is for Linux, I suspect that most of these programs are source compatible with other flavors of UNIX. Here is a listing of various console tools, a few of which advertise manipulation of GIFs as a feature. http://marshallnet.linuxberg.com/conhtml/gra_image_man.html I believe that ESR's venerable GIF library also has a set of command line tools, one of which strings together GIFs. ftp://uiarchive.uiuc.edu/pub/systems/linux/sunsite/libs/giflib/ If you're an X11/GTK+ type, you can also use the Gimp with a plug-in. http://registry.gimp.org/view.phtml?version=2 -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.