Re: Animated give out of animated Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg19222] Re: Animated give out of animated Mathematica?
  • From: paulh at (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 02:06:42 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <7ooi9s$i07 at>, wexler at (Carlos Wexler) writes:

>Do you know of such a GIF animator available for Linux, SunOS or True64

There are many, but most of them are command line tools, so if you are
afraid of the shell, start running.

Although the information here is for Linux, I suspect that most of
these programs are source compatible with other flavors of UNIX.

Here is a listing of various console tools, a few of which
advertise manipulation of GIFs as a feature.

I believe that ESR's venerable GIF library also has a set of
command line tools, one of which strings together GIFs.

If you're an X11/GTK+ type, you can also use the Gimp with a

P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at
Wolfram Research, Inc.