circumference of an ellipse
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19299] circumference of an ellipse
- From: "M.J.M. Maes" <mar.maes at wxs.nl>
- Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 22:34:51 -0400
- Organization: Planet Internet
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I made a little spreadsheetfile to calculate the circumference (length) of
an ellipse using an iterative process.
When I compare the results with the results of a formula to approximate the
- which is pi(3(a+b)-sqrt((a+3b)(3a+b))) - the difference is greater then I
expected (a few percents).
This may be a shortcoming of the approximation formula, or of my
Could someone please give me the exact results (in 10 or 15 digits) of some
Thanks in advance!
Prev by Date:
FW: Re: Lists to mask other lists
Next by Date:
Re: Automatic Display in MatrixForm
Previous by thread:
Re: ungrouping cells
Next by thread:
Re: circumference of an ellipse