Re: Simple edit ...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19324] Re: Simple edit ...
- From: Alan Lewis <alanlewis at home.com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 02:14:55 -0400
- Organization: @Home Network
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
FullForm shows why it doesn't work. A work around is z/.Sqrt[d+e]->L/.(1/Sqrt[d+e])->1/L "Michael L. Stokes" wrote: > > Consider the following examaple; > > z = (a+Sqrt[d+e])/(a Sqrt[d+e]) > > z //. Sqrt[d+e] ->L > > The replacement function only replaces the instance of Sqrt[d+e] in the > numerator and leaves the instance in the denominator alone. Why does > this not work and what is the work around? > > Regards, > Mike