RE: Automatic Display in MatrixForm

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg19539] RE: Automatic Display in MatrixForm
  • From: Colin Rose <colin at>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 00:52:27 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

A few weeks ago, there was much excitement here when
it was shown that one can get all the advantages of
MatrixForm output, without the disadavantages, by using:

  StandardForm] :=
   RowBox[{"(", GridBox[Map[Function[t,MakeBoxes[t,StandardForm],HoldAll],

Now suppose:

  1) We switch the above ON.
  2) Then, how do we switch it off for a particular function's ouptut.

That is, if MyFunc[x] returns a matrix, which we want formatted
as a List (and not in "Fancy Matrix" form), how can we switch
it off LOCALLY for this function's output only,
and without converting back to InputForm ?

Any ideas ? Anyone ?

Colin Rose
tr(I)    -  Theoretical Research Institute
colin at