Outline font? HelveticaO?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15345] Outline font? HelveticaO?
  • From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 04:15:31 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I want to print some text, actually in Mathematica, in a fat "blocky"
outline font, preferably black outline and adjustable color.

Running TeX on my Mac using Textures I can find in the "Show Fonts" menu
item a suitable font labelled "HelveticaO" (that's "oh", presumably for
outline) and it works, i.e. typesets some text with just what I want.
But I can't find a corresponding "HelveticaO" font anywhere in the
suitcases anywhere on my Mac.

I'm working on printing the desired text from TeX to an EPS file and
bringing that into the Mac notebook. But:

a)  Is there a way to find the font itself, and make it known to
Mathematica?

b)  Does Mathematica provide anything like the "Outline" capability that
Mac WP applications seem to have for almost any font?

(CC of any replies to siegman at stanford.edu appreciated)