Re: Outline font? HelveticaO?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15367] Re: Outline font? HelveticaO?
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <shollis at peachnet.campuscw.net>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 23:58:23 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Just a couple of comments...

Isn't Helvetica (TrueType) one of the basic fonts that come with the Mac
OS?

Are you aware that you can download the PostScript versions of the TeX
fonts for free from Bluesky? I don't think Helvetica is part of that
set, but the Computer Modern Sans Serif Bold (CMSSBX) font might be to
you liking.

Another thing that may interest you is a shareware collection of
standard Mac fonts based on TeX's Computer Modern family, available as
either PostScript and TrueType. And they work great with
Mathematica---especially for equations and such. You can download demos
at

http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex

or

http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Archive/font/compmod-demo.hqx