Re: How to save a file in package (*.m) format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15353] Re: How to save a file in package (*.m) format
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 23:58:17 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Chee Lim Cheung wrote in message <774kms$46a at smc.vnet.net>...
>Hi Mathematica gurus,
>
>I am new to Mathematica and I need help on how to save a file in package
>(*.m) format that can be recognised and executed by Mathematica. I have
>created a small package following the standard routine,e.g.
>BeginPackage
>Begin["`Private`"]
>End[]
>EndPackage[]
>
>I then saved the file with Save as Special...Package Format with a .m
>extension, I get all the statements in the file commented out with (*
>*). How do I save the file with a .m extension in order to get an
>executable package?
>
>Thanks
>Chee

Chee:

With File>Save As Special...> PackageFormat
    *the contents of all cells except initializing input cells is
commented out*
(graphics cells give the PostScript code).

So, put all the code that you want usable in initialization input cells
(menu: Cell>CellProperties)

Allan

Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting