Re: HOW DO I........?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15505] Re: HOW DO I........?
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 23:47:09 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

mhicks wrote in message <77utg2$jnk at smc.vnet.net>...

>I WOULD LIKE SOME HELP ON TWO MINOR BUT ANOYING CONTROL PROBLEMS USING
>3.01 WITH W95:
>
>1- WHEN I OPEN MATHEMATICA, THE STYLESHEET DEFAULT.NB ALWAYS OPENS. I
>WOULD PREFER MY OWN DEFAULT STYLESHEET, OR BETTER STILL, NONE;
>
>2- WHEN THE HELP BROWSER IS OPENED IT ALWAYS SHOWS THE TOOL BAR WHICH IS
>USELESS IN THIS CASE. ALSO, IT DOES NOT LEAVE ENOUGH SPACE FOR THE
>BOTTOM ARROW ON THE VERTICAL SCROLL BAR. REMOVING THE TOOL BAR USING
>FORMAT CURES THE PROBLEM AS LONG AS HELP IS OPEN, BUT IS NOT REMEMBERED
>FOR THE NEXT INSTANCE. DITTO EDITING THE OPTION INSPECTOR.

1 -
- make you own style sheet, call it MyDefault, for example; - put it
into
        Mathematica>3.0>SystemFiles>FrontEnd>StyleSheets
        (where standard style sheets are)
    or
        Mathematica>3.0>Configuration>FrontEnd>StyleSheets
        (separate from standard style sheets - it will appear in the
menu above standard syle sheets)
- find
    Edit>Preferences>Global
Options>FileLocations>DefaultStylesDefinitions - change
DefaultStylesDefinitions -> "Default.nb" to DefaultStylesDefinitions ->
"MyDefault.nb"

You will have to restart Mathematica for this to take effect.

You can get back to the default setting in the Option Inspector by
double clicking the line.

Of course, if you are sending the notebook to someone you will need to
attach the style sheet as a private style sheet.

2 - this is coming

Allan

Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting