Re: Converting notebook to pdf ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18476] Re: Converting notebook to pdf ?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 23:08:40 -0400
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Michael, I have converted several notebooks to pdf with out any problems. I found never an error. What say the log file generated by the distiller ? To setup Ghostscript to work with the Mathematica fonts you simply has to add the $TopDirectory/SystemFiles/Fonts/Type1 to the GS_LIB path variable in the login script, or your autoexec.bat. If you are using GhostView you have to append the the path to the Mathematica fonts to the options passed to gslib.dll Hope that helps Jens Michael Johnson wrote: > > Is there any consistent way to convert Mathematica 3.0 notebooks > to pdf? It seems this should be in a faq somewhere, but I've had > no luck. > > I saved the notebook as postscript and then tried to convert that. > I tried to use Adobe Distiller, but it hangs silently in the > middle. I tried ghostscript, but it complained about being unable > to find fonts. (Maybe if there's a way to let ghostscript use or > find the Mathematica fonts this might work, but I couldn't figure it out.) > > This is a typical Mathematica notebook: some formulas, some text, > some graphics. I appreciate any help. > > -- > > Michael Johnson > mjohnson at ucf.edu