Intersection of 3DGraphics!?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18737] Intersection of 3DGraphics!?
- From: "Tilo Eggeling" <t.eggeling at tu-bs.de>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 02:36:50 -0400
- Organization: TU Braunschweig, Germany
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am interested in the intersection area of two 3D objects. Let's take an ellipsoid and a hyperboloid intersecting each other. How can i draw the intersection area lying inside of the ellipsoid without having to compute the the intersection curve? I tried converting it to surfacegraphics for to use the ClipFill option but it doesn't work. Using ContourPlot3D isn't satisfactory as you have to know the intersection curve. Having parametrized the two objects i tried to use ParametricPlot3D but unfortunately one needs different sets of parameters for these two objects. Shouldn't it be possible to draw only the inner intersection area of any two 3D objects? I would be grateful for ANY IDEAS!!!!! Tilo Eggeling Institute for Mathematical Physics Technical University of Braunschweig Germany (Europe) t.eggeling at tu-bs.de