Re: Intersection of 3DGraphics!?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18776] Re: Intersection of 3DGraphics!?
- From: Martin Kraus <Martin.Kraus at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 01:33:32 -0400
- Organization: Comp.Center (RUS), U of Stuttgart, FRG
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Tilo Eggeling wrote: > > I am interested in the intersection area of two 3D objects. Let's take an > ellipsoid and a hyperboloid intersecting each other. How can i draw the > intersection area lying inside of the ellipsoid without having to compute > the the intersection curve? > I tried converting it to surfacegraphics for to use the ClipFill option but > it doesn't work. Using ContourPlot3D isn't satisfactory as you have to know > the intersection curve. Having parametrized the two objects i tried to use > ParametricPlot3D but unfortunately one needs different sets of parameters > for these two objects. Shouldn't it be possible to draw only the inner > intersection area of any two 3D objects? I would be grateful for ANY > IDEAS!!!!! > > Tilo Eggeling > Institute for Mathematical Physics > Technical University of Braunschweig > Germany (Europe) > t.eggeling at tu-bs.de Should be possible with ContourPlot3D by plotting the isosurface for any value between 1 and 2 (exclusive) of a function which is the sum of two functions which are 1 inside an object and 0 outside. Sorry, I cannot test this right now. Does this idea work? Martin Kraus