Inserting Adobe pdf files in ver. 4 notebooks
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18079] Inserting Adobe pdf files in ver. 4 notebooks
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 01:43:35 -0400
- Delivery-date: Tue Jun 15 08:53:18 1999
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Has anyone successfully and consistently been able to use Insert Object
in Mathematica 4 (or, for that matter, in Mathematica 3) to insert
existing Adobe Acrobat .pdf files into notebooks?
(1) On my Windows 98, 166 MHz Pentium with 65 MB RAM, Mathematica 4 is
slow even to pop up the box of the types of objects available for
insertion. Then it takes up to minutes for the Adobe Acrobat Document
object to be inserted. When the insertion is finished, I see an Adobe
Acrobat icon and a label something like "Adobe Acrobat Document".
However, when the notebook is later reopened, I get what appears to be a
totally blank cell where the insertion went. Only by clicking inside do
I then see a little dashed-outline rectangle, clicking on which does at
long last launch Acrobat Reader with the .pdf file displayed.
(2) IfI try the option of inserting as an Icon, sometimes I get nothing
and somtimes I get some tiny, tiny, nearly invisible blob in the cell.
(3) I do not seem to be able to do more than one such insertion --
whether in the same Notebook or in different Notebooks -- without
exiting Mathematica and restarting it.
(4) I transferred some Mathematica 4 notebooks, along with the refernced
..pdf files, to a Windows 95 133 MHz, 32 MB laptop. On their the
inserted objects totally disappeared. Not even the dashed-outline
Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept. phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Univ. of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W)
Amherst, MA 01003-4515
Prev by Date:
Re: Please Help this NEwbie to Mathematica?
Next by Date:
Re: NDSolve, InterpolatingFunctions and imaginary initial values
Previous by thread:
Re: Hypergeometric 1F1 and numerical evaluation
Next by thread:
Re: Inserting Adobe pdf files in ver. 4 notebooks