Re: Inserting Adobe pdf files in ver. 4 notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18171] Re: [mg18079] Inserting Adobe pdf files in ver. 4 notebooks
  • From: "William F. Campbell" <valentin at wam.umd.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 23:54:31 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> But is is PRECISELY for presentation that I wanted the external
> objects!  I was about to give a presentation using Mathematica (ver. 4)
> as my "live Power Point", and it was VERY distressing to find that I
> could not do it once I transferred the notebook from my desktop PC to
> the (old) laptop PC I would use for the presentation.

Perhaps you should consider doing it the other way around.I'll be giving my
dissertation defense talk in a few weeks, presented with Powerpoint.  I have
several Mathematica notebooks to show (mainly for animations).  I just put a
hyperlink to the notebooks on some text on a ppt slide, and launch MathReader.
"Other" graphics couldjust appear on different slides.  You could launch Acrobat
from Powerpoint as well, and not use Mathematica as your "presentation engine".

> Being able to summon up, say, a .pdf file in a Mathematica-based
> presentation is infinitely valuable as a time saver!
>
> --
> Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
> Mathematics & Statistics Dept.       phone 413 549-1020 (H)
> Univ. of Massachusetts                     413 545-2859 (W)
> Amherst, MA 01003-4515

Bill Campbell