Re: Exporting results from Mathematica to other applications

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17709] Re: [mg17644] Exporting results from Mathematica to other applications
  • From: "Tomas Garza" <tgarza at mail.internet.com.mx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 02:25:27 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

samr at gte.net wrote:

> I am having troubles to export my results on Mathematica to other
> applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel and/or plotting applications).
>
> Traditionally, I would cut a cell (which contains my printed new
> results), and paste it onto the next application.  This does not work
> now, because on pasting, I get some extra formatting stuff in between my
> new numbers.

This has been treated often in this group, and I sort of remember a number
of procedures. If you have a data_List you want to send to, say, Excel,
under the name filename, use

WriteMatrix[filename_String,data_List]:=
	With[{myfile=OpenWrite[filename]},
		Scan[(WriteString[myfile,First[#]];
				Scan[WriteString[myfile,"\t",#]&,Rest[#]];
				WriteString[myfile,"\n"])&,data];
		Close[myfile]]

I don't remember if this comes from Nancy Blachman's book or somewhere else,
but it works fine.

Hope this helps.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City