Re: F[f_,x_]:=f[x] ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20130] Re: [mg19819] F[f_,x_]:=f[x] ?
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 03:04:56 -0400
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 30 Sep 1999, Daniel Reeves wrote: > I just stumbled upon the built-in but undocumented function Compose, which > apparently does exactly that. > Comments from Wolfram developers...? > (probably a better functionality for Compose would be the last element of > ComposeList, to be consistent with Nest and Fold) Compose was deemed obsolete between versions 1 and 2 of the Mathematica kernel. It should be replaced with its successor Composition. See _The Mathematica Book_, Appendix A.13.2. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.