rotation matrix to Yaw-Pitch-Roll angles
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20438] rotation matrix to Yaw-Pitch-Roll angles
- From: gochen at netvision.net.il (Gil C.)
- Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 00:33:17 -0400
- Organization: NetVision Israel
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I know this question was asked before, but I could not find an answer... Having the definition of an object's orientation in space (world XYZ coordinate system), how do I represent its orientation as Yaw-Pitch-Roll angles ? I am looking for the formulas. The rotation matrix is: 3 elements describing the cosine of the angle between X axis, Y axis and Z axis of the object and the X of the "world" coordinate system. next 3 elements are for the object's Y axis. Last 3 are for Z axis. Thanks in advance, Gil.