A simple question? Please help
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20435] A simple question? Please help
- From: "Don Metcalf" <dmetcalf at fishinternet.com.au>
- Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 00:33:15 -0400
- Organization: Customer of Connect.com.au Pty. Ltd.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I'm having trouble getting Mathematica 3.0 to perform even the most basic Laplace and Fourier transforms. I have copied examples directly from the help files and it still won't evaluate the output described in the notes! The following is taken directly from the book "This evaluates a Laplace transform. LaplaceTransform[Sin[t], t, s]" and the output should be 1/[1+s^2] yet I just get the input returned. Am I doing something really obviously wrong? This has been bugging me. kind regards, Paul, pdm03 at uow.edu.au PS Please email the above address to let me know of a reply if you can help