A simple question? Please help

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20435] A simple question? Please help
  • From: "Don Metcalf" <dmetcalf at fishinternet.com.au>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 00:33:15 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting Mathematica 3.0 to perform even the most basic
Laplace and Fourier transforms.  I have copied examples directly from the
help files and it still won't evaluate the output described in the notes!

The following is taken directly from the book

"This evaluates a Laplace transform.

LaplaceTransform[Sin[t], t, s]"

and the output should be 1/[1+s^2]

yet I just get the input returned.  Am I doing something really obviously
wrong?  This has been bugging me.

kind regards,

Paul,

pdm03 at uow.edu.au

PS  Please email the above address to let me know of a reply if you can help