Re: Help! ListContourPlot

Jinfeng Liu <jinfeng at tw3042.cpmc.columbia.edu> wrote in message
news:7v3dog$649 at smc.vnet.net...

> Hi, all
>
> Please help me on this!
>
> I have a file as shown in the attachment, I want to make a contour plot
> out of it. I have been playing around with it for several days, but
> still cannot find a proper way to read in the file in a correct format
> that can be used by ListContourPlot.
>
> Could anyone please show me how to do that plot in detail? Your help is
> greatly appreciated.
>

> Jinfeng
>
> filename="tmp.dat"
>
>...data snipped...

Here is one way of doing what you want:

data = ReadList["tmp.dat", {Real, Real, Real}]
datainterp = Interpolation[data]
ContourPlot[datainterp[x, y], {x, 100, 800}, {y, 1, 5}]

--
Stephen P Luttrell
Room EX21, Defence Evaluation and Research Agency
luttrell at signal.dera.gov.uk
01684-894046 (phone), 01684-894384 (fax)
http://www.dera.gov.uk/cis5pip/Welcome.html