Re: Finding a relative prime

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19704] Re: Finding a relative prime
  • From: "Shazam" <gmon at toad.net>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 16:36:08 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Can't you just pick any random prime q between 2 and p-1 and then q and p-1
are automatically relatively prime?  Or do you need to consider any
relatively prime number as potential numbers to pick?

I think I would know how to do the above but I would have to look it up
(last semester I took a cryptography course and we did things like
that).....

If you can't figure it out then let me know and I'll look it up.......

news:7r7kal$ckp at smc.vnet.net...