Excel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19750] Excel
  • From: Bob HYDE <bobhyde at wanadoo.fr>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 03:53:03 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Goodmorning all,  I have been reading all your diverse problems with
interest hoping one would coincide with mine. But ......

My colleagues have started sending me data in tables of  microsoft
Excel (dont ask).  I need to open and read this data to process it in
Mathematica. Although

I do use Openread and Read etc. for other files, I havent found a way of
opening Excel files. Can anyone help ?  Normally the file contains two
columns of Real numbers, Surely I do not need to buy the Mathematica Excel
package for this.
Bob