Can't get the 3rd Bessel zero!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19799] Can't get the 3rd Bessel zero!
- From: iioannou at u.washington.edu (I. Ioannou)
- Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 01:36:50 -0400
- Organization: University of Washington, Seattle
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I've been working with BesselJZeros recently, and the code I wrote shows
the following peculiar behavior. While I can get all the Bessel zeros I
need for most of the functions, I get mathematica to hang up at the 3rd
Bessel zero of the 0th order Bessel.
So, BesselJZeros[0,2] works, BesselJZeros[1,5] works, but
BesselJZeros[0,3] doesn't work. (waited for a couple of hours before I
aborted the calculation) Does anybody know what this behavior is due to?
Is it a bug? Has it been seen before and by anybody else? Or is it
particular to my machine?
Ioannis I Ioannou phone: (206)-543-1372
g-2 group, Atomic Physics fax: (206)-685-0635
Department of Physics
University of Washington e-mail: iioannou at u.washington.edu
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: F[f_,x_]:=f[x] ?
Next by thread:
Re: Can't get the 3rd Bessel zero!