Can't get the 3rd Bessel zero!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19799] Can't get the 3rd Bessel zero!
- From: iioannou at u.washington.edu (I. Ioannou)
- Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 01:36:50 -0400
- Organization: University of Washington, Seattle
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi all, I've been working with BesselJZeros recently, and the code I wrote shows the following peculiar behavior. While I can get all the Bessel zeros I need for most of the functions, I get mathematica to hang up at the 3rd Bessel zero of the 0th order Bessel. So, BesselJZeros[0,2] works, BesselJZeros[1,5] works, but BesselJZeros[0,3] doesn't work. (waited for a couple of hours before I aborted the calculation) Does anybody know what this behavior is due to? Is it a bug? Has it been seen before and by anybody else? Or is it particular to my machine? Thanks, John -- Ioannis I Ioannou phone: (206)-543-1372 g-2 group, Atomic Physics fax: (206)-685-0635 Department of Physics University of Washington e-mail: iioannou at u.washington.edu