Why the beep?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg23084] Why the beep?
  • From: "Filip Huberland" <filip.huberland at>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 03:00:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have a small problem using Mathematica 4.01 for Students. It all works
fine, but when I use a key combination with "Alt Gr", Mathematica beeps. Why
the beep gives this message:

"You used a Command or Control key combination that is not defined to do

It now happens that important keys like  [ , ] ,{, } ` and ^ are all "Alt
Gr" keys on my keybord (Microsoft Natural Keybord with the French
AZERTY-layout), so I have to endure quite some beeps during a typical
session. Someone a suggestion?

Filip Huberland