Re: Mathematica and 3D surface.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23137] Re: Mathematica and 3D surface.
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 03:20:55 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, nothing in Mathematica, you may look for "surface reconstruction of irregular points" Two good starting points are: http://research.microsoft.com/~hoppe/ http://web.mit.edu/manoli/crust/www/crust.html Hope that helps Jens Martin Zacho wrote: > > Hi, > > I do have a problem in putting a surface on a collection of data points > (3D). The dataset is a collection of point which have been obtained by > making a measurement on a bucket (or to be more precise a section of the > bucket). The number of points are approx. 3-4000 (see > http://www.mip.sdu.dk/~zac/temp/bucket.jpg ). > > The problem is: how do I put a surface on the bucket. > > I've tried normal and ExtendedGraphics with no luck. The points _does > not_ form a nice regular grid. > > Any suggestions ? > > Sincerely, > Martin Zacho.