sound files...

I am working on mathematica 3.0 for windows, and i am trying to import sound
files.  What i really would like to do is import a .wav file, or any type of
sounds file, and plot the sound wavs.  I would also like to convert, if
possible, these sound wav plots into data plots.  if anyone knows some kick
but code for this, i would be very grateful.

thanx so much