copying notebook sections to text documents

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23192] copying notebook sections to text documents
  • From: "JR" <jrabel at holadayinc.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 01:12:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Please excuse the simple question, but..
How can I copy portions of notebooks and paste them into text documents
(such as this posting) and have them not include all the normally-hidden
formatting characters?  The closest I have come by trial and error is to
convert the selection to input form and asnd then copy and paste into the
text document.  This conversion adds parenthesis and double-quotes depending
upon the cell type.  How do you get it into a format such as that used when
mathgroup members post questions and answers?

Thanks,

jr