about complex numbers

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23188] about complex numbers
  • From: "alessandro agresti" <agresti at dffs.unifi.it>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 01:11:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have to complex numbers:
a1 + i b1; a2 + i b2
where a1, a2 are complicated real part and
b1, b2 are complicated imaginary part.
now I divide these two complex numbers; I get a complex number;
can I get the analitical  real/imaginary part of this last complex number
explicitly. If "YES" what are the right cmds to give to mathematica ?
I thank You for Your BIG help
alessandro agresti

Alessandro Agresti
Universita' degli Studi di Firenze
Dipartimento di Fisica, sezione di Fisica Superiore
via Santa Marta, 3        50139 Firenze ITALIA
tel: 0039 055 4796410     fax: 0039 055 483750
e_mail  : agresti at dffs.unifi.it
WebPage : http://biz-a.dffs.unifi.it/~agresti/