Applying position-dependent functions on lists.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23207] Applying position-dependent functions on lists.
  • From: "Manolis Petrakis" <MPetrakis at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 01:12:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi there

I'm trying to write a program for solving the 2-D Ising model, but not using
the standard Do[...] approach, to modify every spin on a spin list, using
the Metropolis Function.

This problem can be generalized if anyone wants to apply functions on
matrices that depend on element positions, and require the values of nearest
neighbor elements.

If anyone understands my problem, i will be glad to receive any suggestion.

Manolis Petrakis,
University of Crete, Greece,
Physics Dept.