Please help with a Hypergeometric2F1 problem...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23222] Please help with a Hypergeometric2F1 problem...
- From: zeno at magicnet.net
- Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 01:40:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I symbolically integrated the function..(x^2*(x-1))^(1/3) with respect to x. There is in the answer... Hypergeometric2F1[2/3,2/3,5/3,x] I can do nothing more with that..it just returns it. A Hypergeometric2F1 with different parameters like Hypergeometric2F1[2,2,5,x] gives an answer. I am using version 3. Is Mathematica unable to compute it? I can get the Integral with out the Hypergeometric function on the TI-92+, (it gives the answer in a different for using Tan, etc.) but I still would like to work with the Mathematica answer.