Line Thicknes in arrows in PlotField

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24959] Line Thicknes in arrows in PlotField
  • From: Jordi Ignes <jignes at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:27:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would like to specify the line thickness in the arrows that form a
PlotField plot. The standard PlotField.m package forces the thickness to
be 0.0001 (line 194 of package). Now, that can easily be overcome by
modifying that package to the thickness I want and saving into, say,
myPlotField.m .

What I am puzzled about is the comment that one can read just above that
line in the PlotField.m package:
"(* note that line thickness is forced to 0.0001 (thin lines);
         this can be overridden by use of ColorFunction option *)"

How can I use the ColorFunction option to override the forced line
thickness? It would certainly be much more elegant and portable than
modifying the standard package.

Thanks.

Jordi.