Re: Big trouble with Mathematica Code parsing -- Rant.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg26273] Re: Big trouble with Mathematica Code parsing -- Rant.
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 00:19:45 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 6 Dec 2000 02:52:13 -0500, "Louis M. Pecora" <pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil> wrote: > Beware. Adding white space and blank lines for readability can cause > Null's to appear and other problems. I suspect this is partly related > to the fact that space can be taken as a multiplication, but > eliminating spaces and blank lines may not cure the problem. I know. > I've tried. Did you read over Section A.2.10 in _The Mathematica Book_ (Fourth Edition)? The information therein provides guidance on how input to the kernel is processed on a per-line basis. Note the last paragraph which pertains to input within a notebook cell using StandardForm. This section may be looked up by pasting the following expression in a notebook and evaluating it. FrontEndExecute[FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup["MainBook", "A.2.10"]] -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc.