Re: Which Option is it (placement od Out-Label)?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26272] Re: Which Option is it (placement od Out-Label)?
  • From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 00:19:44 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 6 Dec 2000 02:48:20 -0500, Adalbert Hanssen <hanssen at zeiss.de>
wrote:

> in all new notebooks, which I begin, the Out[..]
> labels are placed on a new cell below the actual
> output cell. I don't know, when this happened
> first and I guess, thah this is controlled through
> one of the many FormatInspector Options, maybe
> even one of default.nb.
>
> Does anybody know, which one it is? And how it
> should be, to get turned back?

Chances are that you've told the front end to set the default output
format type to InputForm.  You can fix this problem by performing the
front end menu command:

Cell -> Default Output Format Type -> {StandardForm, OutputForm,

                                         TraditionalForm}

If this diagnosis does not describe your situation, please let me
know.

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com