newbie question on sorting

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg26420] newbie question on sorting
  • From: "niels Waller" <niels.waller at>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 00:21:42 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear mathgroup readers,

I have just started using Mathematica for a programming task and have run
into a difficulty.  I have a matrix M. I would like to sort the rows of M
based on the values of the first column.  Is there any easy way to do this?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Please send suggestions to: niels.waller at

Niels Waller, Ph.D.
Director of Quantitative Methods and Evaluation
Department of Psychology and Human Development
Vanderbilt University
Phone: (615) 322-8380    email: niels.waller at
QME Home page: